David Marko 16 March 2011 10:51:47Dojo Toolkit is the part of XPages technology and as Domino XPages developers we have to embrace it fully to become masters in this area. Comparing to JQuery or Prototype ... the Dojo seemed to be an outsider for many years ... but during the last few years many geart releases appeared introducing many up-to-date features. The latest Dojo 1.6 release (latest Domino 8.5.2 includes Dojo 1.4.3 and upcoming Domino 8.5.3 is going to have Dojo 1.5) introduces many really nice features.
The some of the new features included in the latest Dojo 1.6:
- Object store: Rethinking data stores in a manner that's generally easier to work with than dojo.data.
- HTML5 data attributes: Use data-* attributes instead of custom attributes, so your markup will validate against the HTML5 validator.
- Widget watch(): Follow changes to widget attributes with watch().
- Dojo WebSocket: A simple API for working with WebSockets and other real-time Comet techniques.
- CommonJS AMD: Dojo now supports the CommonJS AMD format for defining modules.
For the rest of the features you can review this new release here http://dojotoolkit.org/features/
We would really appreciate if IBM can include Dojo 1.6 into upcoming Domino 8.5.3 and simply jump over the Dojo 1.5.
- Comments